Saturday, March 12, 2011

Narnia: Voyage of The Dawn Treader


Title: Narnia: Voyage of The Dawn Treader 2010
Producer: Twentieth Century Fox
Directer: Micheal Apted
Writers: (Screenplay) Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely, Micheal Petroni, (Novel) C. S. Lewis
Actors: Ben Barnes, Skandar Keynes, Georgie Henley
My Rating: 5/5 stars

My synopsis: Lucy and Edmund return to Narnia with their annoying cousin Eustace. King Caspian is making a voyage to search for some missing lords, and find that they are in for a lot more.

I got to see this a couple of Sundays age in the 2$ movie theater. In 3D!!! Of course that made the price go up to 4$ but that was okay. I loved it! It was amazing! I have a lot of pictures for this review so hang in there with me!

I loved the actor who played Eustace! He portrayed the character exactly the way I saw him in the book! He was very funny too! You get annoyed with him like you do in the book(at least I did). Any way I like him!
They also stuck much closer to the book than Prince Caspian did( I actually like Prince Caspian a lot I will talk about that some other time though). There were little differences, I think the plot was changed, and what they were fighting against too. But I would say that they had a lot of the same events happen in the movie as in the book. (I will double check this latter by reading the book again when I have time)

I loved Caspian! Who doesn't? I really like how Ben Barns portrayed the character.

Reepicheep is so cute! I can totally see why Lucy wants to hug him so much. I do think they could have done more with him though. I liked how Reepicheep and Eustace had such a close friendship, that was one of my favorite things.

If you didn't like how dark Prince Caspian was you will love Voyage of The Dawn Treader! It is bright and happy. I love how it had all the sunshine and the water. Not so many people die either so that lifts the mood of the film even more. Besides people not dieing is always an A+ right?

Costumes were wonderful! I love them. I didn't care for Lucy's though, but that's because I am a girly girl who likes skirts and dresses. I did like Lucy's outfit in the beginning though! I thought it was really cute an would not mind wearing something like it myself! I don't have any pictures of it though. :( I love the guys costumes, very sea worthy!!! I really like the sleeves on the guys shirts.


The setting was great. It was very much like what I pictured in the book. I loved the sea it was so pretty and blue! The rooms and buildings were great. I love all the color that was in it. I loved the old looking books. Some of the settings I don't even know how to describe. I will say this they were spectacular!
I can't really think of very many things that bothered me. The setting was great, the costumes were great, the story was great! Every thing was great! There was one thing that bothered me, and that I really really didn't like.

Prince Caspian was suppose to marry the Star Guys daughter(yes I know he has a name, but I can't remember it right now,my sister tells me it was Ramandu) She was not actually a star. She was just his daughter. In the movie they cut out her dad completely, and made her the star!!!!! You are probably wondering why this bothered me so much, I mean it is just a star right? But how is the world is Caspian suppose to marry her if she is a star!?!? Really I think being a star is a full time job, I mean it your not up there than someone might get lost. I don't think you can just leave the sky like that! Being queen of Narnia is a full time job too. You have to help the king rule the land(at least that is what I think queens should do) and you have to have kids right? Also I think she would need to be a wife to Caspian, she needs to be there as his best friend. How can you do two full time jobs at once?!?!?!?!?! I really really really did not like her being a star. It is driving me crazy trying to figure out how she is going to be both a star, and queen of Narnia. It really is driving me crazy!

On the whole it was a wonderful, fantastic, amazing movie!!!! I mean besides the whole star thing, and that wasn't to big of a part in the movie so I can kind of ignore that part. I really loved the movie it is spectacular! I hope you see it and love it as much as I did!

Tell me what you thought of it!

Blessings
~Elizabeth

5 comments:

  1. Great review! :) I loved this movie; it's my favorite Narnia film so far. The changes they made didn't bother me very much (even the Green Mist wasn't as silly as I thought it would be); and the script stayed true to the spirit of the book very well, IMO.

    I didn't get the impression that Ramandu's daughter was an important star, but just an ordinary star. I don't think she helps with navigation...after all, she gives them a pep talk but doesn't actually go to the Dark Island herself, lol. ;)

    Reepicheep was amazing! He wasn't even one of my fave characters from the book, but he stole the show. So did the Dawn Treader ship. <3

    Sorry about the long comment, but I'm just glad there are other fans of this (rather unpopular) movie too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this movie!!!!! Much better than Prince Caspian. :) I'm a book purist, but I convinced myself that I just need to watch the movie as a different story with the same characters. So, it's a very good story in its own right.

    I think her name was Lilliandil?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Marian: I agree that the green mist did seem a little silly at first but when you watched it it made sense. I see what you are say with Ramandu's daughter. I can see that it might not be so bad as it first seemed to me, but I still find it very annoying. :)

    @Shaylynn: I am a book purist to in some way I agree that you sometimes have to do that with some movies. I actually have a friend who said it that way too. :)

    Thank you for telling me her name I couldn't remember it!

    Blessings
    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Ben Barns...will you marry me? That's pretty much all I have to say right now hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. @janisophia: wouldn't we all? LOL you made me start giggling!! haha :) :)

    ReplyDelete