Friday, November 2, 2012

A new Tag


(Very lat in posting) I was tagged by Jane from Novel Pretender! Thank you! :) 

The Rules:

1. You must post eleven facts about yourself.

2. You must also answer the eleven questions the awarder has given you and make up eleven questions for your awardees to answer in turn.

3. Tag eleven fellow bloggers

4. Notify them that you've awarded them

5. No tagging back

6. And the eleven blogs you tag must have less than 200 followers.

However I am not going to follow these rules exactly. I have done so many random facts about myself in different post that I have completely run out of random things about me. 
I will post one.

Random fact:
I am watching North and South tonight with a friend. Very happy! :) 


1. What is your favorite character trait in a main character?  
I think seeing them change and grow. If you can call that a trait. Being caring is also important. 

2. Who is a character you don't like even though most people seem to love them, and why?
Umm. Emma played by Ramola Garia. Everyone that I have meet loves her Emma. I really really don't. Her portrayal just did not feel like the Emma from the book(or what I have read of the book. I am ashamed to say that I have not finished. Emma has to be the most difficult of Jane Austen's novels!) Also, what was going on with her eyes? I thought they were going to roll back into her head! 

3. What is your ideal job? 
Teaching Piano. :) Which I do. 

4. What is your favorite book from your childhood? 
Laura Ingalls Wilder series. (I know it is a series I just could not pick one book!)

5. Is time travel a possibility? How would it work? I read somewhere that in order for us to be able to time travel we would need to be able to travel at the speed of light, Which would take a lot more energy than we can make. So that is how I think it would work. 

6. Do you like to write stories, poetry, essays, etc.? I have started numerous stories in my head, a few on paper, I enjoy writing poetry, I am hoping to set a few to music. I enjoy writing essays mostly though when I like the topic. I would say that I like writing. 

7. What is something you always thought you would do that you never ended up doing?
Start teaching piano lessons at 16, but that didn't happen when I was 16. 

8. Do you have an accent?
You know I really have no idea. People say that where I live people don't have an accent. But I have noticed that if I listen to people who have accents for a long time(like watching a BBC show for a while) I start talking like the people on the show. I am not even trying. 

9. Do you have a "bucket list" of things you would like to do before you die?
Oh yes! One of them is to eat one of those spicy peppers that they put in Asian food. Another is to write a fan letter to; Rick Riordan, Loreena Mckennitt, Meav, and I am vaguely considering putting Taylor Swift on the list. 

10. What is your favorite meal? Meal of the day, or a particular food combo? Well if it is a meal of the day than it is breakfast. I am very fond of breakfast food. For a particular food combo I would have to say that I like a lot of food and can't pick a particular one. 

11. What fictional character do you most identify with? I identify with a lot of fictional characters, probably Elinor Dashwood, and Jane Eyre mostly. 

Now Eleven questions to ask others: 
1. I have heard it said that some people  don't want to read classics because they are too long. Yet some of these same people read Harry Potter(and those are not short books). Do you think is really the length of the book, or something else? 

2. If you could pick a dead author to talk to who would it be: Jane Austen, one of the Bronte sisters, Mark Twain, or Thomas Hardy? 

3. Do you have a favorite board game? 

4. Who is your favorite actor? And what is your favorite character they have played? 

5. Do you think being a fan of Jane Austen is becoming/is a fad? 

6. We all pick out names that we like that we say we will name our children. What are some of yours? 

7. Would you call yourself a morning person?

8. Tea or Coffee? 

9. Have you come across a book where you liked the movie version better? 

10. What is your favorite place to read a book? 

11. Do you have a food that you don't like, but everyone else does? 

People I tag
 Think Green at ThinkGreenLovePurple 
Victoria at Raindrops and Moonlight
Joy at Fullness of Joy
Banrion An Gheimhridh at The Alpine Path

Anyone else who wants to participate in my tag is more than welcome! Just leave me a comment with a link so I can read your answers to my questions. :)
Blessings 
~Elizabeth 

PS. I am going to be doing a post on the subject of the first question. I wanted to see your answers and what you though. I might even ask to quote in you my post. :) 

4 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one who didn't like Ramola Garia's Emma!! Everyone I know likes her Emma the best. I prefer the 1996 version personally. I agree that Ramola's portrayal did not feel like the Emma in the book. I love Ramola, and especially loved her performances in Amazing Grace and Daniel Deronda, but I thought she made weird expressions throughout the 2009 Emma....and besides, I didn't like the humor in the 2009 version as much as in the 1996 version. And every time I saw Emma's dad in the 2009 version all I could see was Dumbledore. XD Oh, and I also love all the books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. :D

    I hope you enjoy watching North and South! It's my favorite movie. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sure I was the only one in the world too! You completely made my day! :)
    I love it! Richard Armitage is one of my favorite actors. My friend read the book so now we are watching the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for tagging me :)
    I really liked the Little House books too!
    You asked some really interesting questions, I will definitely make a post about this tag on my blog (when I'm done classes for today :p)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here are my answers: http://climbingthealpinepath.blogspot.com/ Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete