Thursday, March 10, 2011

Believe In Me


"Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me." (John 14:1)

"Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. or else believe on account of the works themselves." (John 14:11)

"While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light." (John 12:36)

"[Jesus] said to Thomas, 'Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.' " (John 20:7)

We need to believe in Jesus he his our hope and our salvation. He is "the way, the truth, and the life". We cannot apart from him have any light or any life. We are spiritually dead without him. We should not doubt him either. His word it truth. He became man to save us. We but need to believe. We need faith, but also we need to do work. What good is faith if we do not show it. We show our faith and our belief in Christ by good works. "But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?" (James 2:20) Our faith is dead, nonexistent, without works. What good does it do us to have faith and to believe in Christ, if we do not demonstrate that faith and belief? "Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me they faith without they works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works." (James 2:18)

It is not just believing in Christ, but showing our belief and faith in Christ by our works. "What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? Can faith save him?" (James 2:14)

I pray that this lenten season I may show my faith and belief in Christ better through my good works! I pray also that my belief in Him should also be strengthened!

Blessings
~Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment