Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Dream Come True

So today was huge for me. I was for me literally a dream come true. That is the only way that I can describe it. I didn't wear a pretty dress. I didn't met a dashing prince(though that would not be to bad). I didn't win some amazing prize, or get a great award. I taught my first piano lesson. I taught. I was not the one on the bench. I was on the chair. I was not the one being told how to play. I was the one doing the telling. I was the one teaching.

This is my dream come true at it is what I have always wanted to do. I have been wanting to do this since I was twelve. Now, finally, at seventeen I am able to start. It felt so beyond what I could grasp. That I would never be ready for it. It was only in the past year that I decided I was finally read to teach beginners. And now I have two students. Both boys. One is seven and the other is five.

I know the family really well, and they are close to our church so I just had to walk to their house after choir practice. I am really looking forward to seeing them grow and play more advanced songs. I know they are enthusiastic about too.

I feel so happy at the moment. Now all I need to worry about is trying to get into a college music program. Oh the joys of Senior year. :)

Blessings
~Elizabeth
PS. Today was one of the best days of my life! :)

5 comments:

  1. I feel so happy for you! Congratulations! :) My dream is quite a long ways away, but I look forward to the day I will get to live it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! They are well blessed in the piano teacher department indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm in my first year of studying to become a teacher (although I'm probably going to be teaching chemistry/bio/French and not piano)and I'm so excited for you :) Future teachers unite! xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Banrion: Thank you! It is well worth the wait! :)

    @Mimi: Thank you!

    @Thinkgreen: I have a special place in my heart for teachers. They run in my family. Do you have a particular grade you want to teach for? Teaching can be such a rewarding job. Yes, future teachers unite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Elizabeth... that must be a wonderful thing to finally able to teach students music! My sister Mary has just finished the Certificate of Performance in piano and hopes to teach soon (she's already teaching my little sister the piano).

    But anyway, congrats and God bless you!

    ReplyDelete