Sunday, April 21, 2019

Review: The Night Circus

From my instagram
The writing of The Night Circus makes me feel reminiscent of my childhood. It is written in a way that reminds of other books in the Sonlight Curriculum. It is beautiful just beautiful.

I love the idea of the plot and the construction of the circus. I believe this falls into the genre of magical realism which isn't normally a genre that I read.

It can be a bit confusing at first to follow the plot as it jumps between two timelines. You have to pay close attention to the dates at the beginning of each chapter.

I actually quite liked the characters as well. Celia was a fascinating character to me and her amazing talent. I wanted a little more the understand Marco. The romance between the two didn't feel real to me though. I wanted it to not feel quite so sudden. We were kind of told that the Circus was the love letter between the two but I never really felt like we were shown how it was. They rarely talked to each other and it just felt lacking to make the romance believable.

Overall I would read this book again and would recommend this book to others. Have you read The Night Circus? What did you think of the book?

No comments:

Post a Comment