Sunday, April 14, 2019

Review: Six of Crows Duology

From my Instagram 
Six of Crows kept popping up in my reading suggestions and I eventually got around to reading it. It was fantastic. I loved the diverse cast of characters and the darker plot I enjoyed as well. I was also very excited about the basis of the country Ravka on Russia.

I think I found Kaz a bit hard to relate to. I enjoy darker stories but I struggle to relate to characters who do not care about other people and only seek to look out for themselves. I cannot relate to them at all and find them incredibly difficult to tolerate. I adore Inej though.

I most related to Nina and her love of food and how she has had to be strong through a lot of difficulties and even how she grows and her own opinions about the world change. She is also bisexual representation. Mathias is a character who grows the most in the second book and I think his character growth is the most interesting and poignant for the times we live in.

Jesper was a fun character and is great for more bisexual and characters of color representation. Wylan is also a great representation of a gay character.

This is a great read for diverse characters and I would put it on a feminist YA must-read list.

No comments:

Post a Comment