Sunday, April 28, 2019

Favorite Podcasts

1. History Chicks

A wonderful friend at my church suggested this podcast to me and I have been OBSESSED. I love it so much. It is a podcast done by two women who focus on women in history or women related to historical topics. Some of my favorites have been about Hellen Keller, Nelly Bly, and Jane Addams. They have also covered women I have never even heard of. If you are into history and are a feminist wishing to find a podcast with a focus on women in history told by women this is the podcast for you.


2 Art Curious

I have always been interested in classical art and analyzing it as well as art history. Jennifer Dasal does a wonderful job of telling the strange and fascinating stories from Art history. I loved her Van Gough podcast and her podcast about Artemesia probably ranks in of my all-time favorite episodes of all podcasts.





3. What Should I Read Next

I am sure for most book and podcast lover's Anne Bogel and the What Should I Read Next podcast are not new. I find this podcast interesting for finding book suggestions as well as exploring the diverse world of books and readers. Anne Bogel is great at providing a no-judgment atmosphere that makes you feel comfortable.






4. Reading Women

If you are a feminist reader and looking for more books by and about women this is a great podcast to listen too. I have found this podcast provides a great discussion of women in literature and how historically it has been a genre dominated by men but this podcast seeks to shine a light on women writers and stories about women.






Have you listened to any of these podcasts? What podcasts do you listen to?







No comments:

Post a Comment