Thursday, April 25, 2019

Review: Eve The Awakening

I found Jenna Moreci's youtube channel and loved her videos so much that I bought her book Eve: the Awakening. I can say that it was my first science fiction book that I had read and I was not disappointed.

The book is quick moving and Eve is a relatable character as an outcast. I enjoyed the themes of discussing racism and segregation in a futuristic setting.

Now, normally I get annoyed with calling the strong female character a woman who is also super strong and "badass".  I am of the opinion that strong female characters are female characters who are written well and with depth. Eve as a female character covers both of these.

I also loved the diversity of characters, there were characters who were people of color and who were also LGBT. These characters just exist and are written as real people. I like a discussion of LGBT and race issues but sometimes it is just nice to have characters who exist in a book without being part of social commentary.

I really want Jenna Moreci to write a sequel to this book. I NEED it!

No comments:

Post a Comment