Thursday, April 11, 2019

Summer Beaches

Last year my best friend and I went on a road trip to see the Olympic National Forest and some of the Pacific coast. It was a wonderful time and we both at one point spent an entire morning and afternoon on the beach reading our separate books.

My friend and I didn't pack very well for actually being on the beach and had to stop at a store to pick up some beach towels to sit on on the beach. I plan to put the beach towel to good use in the future for more beach time reading sessions.

As an extremely pasty white person, the sun is not always my best friend. I am more likely to turn red as a tomato from sunburn and still be pasty white when it fades than to every tan but I try to get some sunshine and then spend a good amount of time in the shade. For the beach though there was no shade so I had to apply sunscreen regularly.

I generally love living in Washington state. I can have the best of every world. I have beaches, forest, mountains, and an overall mild climate. I am biased but it is the most beautiful state in my opinion.

What are your favorite outdoor places to read?



2 comments:

  1. Fellow Washingtonian here! My family and I visited the Olympic National Forest a couple years ago - it was incredible. I love the Oregon Coast, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how cool! I loved the Olympic Nation Forest and I hope to go back. I need to take a trip to the Oregon Coast. I hear it is beautiful. :)

      Delete