Monday, September 19, 2011

I wish I had a clever title

So I saw Pride and Prejudice 2005 a long time ago. I think I was 10 or 11, which is not actually all that long ago since I am 16 but it seems like a long time ago. Well I didn't remember it all that well, and didn't really care since I had not been all that thrilled with it. None of my friends really cared for it either so I didn't really care much about it. Then I changed churches and now more of my friends really like this movie so I decided it was time to watch it again. So I did yesterday. I was not at all impressed. I was in fact horrified. The only good part was Mathew Macfadyen, but I didn't even really like his Mr. Darcy. And Jane, I liked Jane. I will write a more detailed post latter but for now I am just saying I am not thrilled at all with this version.

Anyway like I said more latter ta ta for now!
~Elizabeth

PS. On a side note the music was nice and pretty, but not the Oh My Gosh music that some movies have had for me.

2 comments:

  1. I really really wanted to like it, but I didn't either... The actors look the part, and the costumes are nice; but the script was too modern and more like a collection of quotes than a story. The piano music is fun to play, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this version but I don't love it, the 1995 is definitely much better- but I'm really not all that impressed with that one either. I love Jane and Bingley in this 2005 version they are my favourite thing about the entire film (I watch it just for them) actually Jane and Bingley are my favourite thing about the novel too :) I liked the chemistry between Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen, and I will admit that if I forget about the inaccuracies I find I really enjoy this film.

    I look forward to reading your more detailed post about this film :)

    Mel

    ReplyDelete