Sunday, May 12, 2019

Skeptical of Audio Dramatizations?

I will admit that I was unsure of audiobook dramatizations. I know that radio dramatizations existed in the past and were very popular but I just wasn't sure if I would like them.

Well, audible was doing a deal to pick out a free book for members and I decided to bite the bullet and pick up the audio dramatizations of Emma. Emma Thompson was in it so I was sure that that would make it good. However, I have a history of struggle with Emma. It is probably the most difficult of Jane Austen's novels for me to get into. I have tried multiple times to read the physical book and have gotten maybe 2 chapters in and just couldn't anymore. I have watched movies and mini-series of the story and enjoyed them.

I have to say I was impressed with this dramatization. I very thoroughly enjoyed it. It has made me want to find more audio dramatizations and an audiobook of Emma. I loved it so much that when I had to get out of my car to head inside to work I was disappointed.

If you were skeptical of audio dramatizations or struggle with Emma like me or are a Jane Austen lover,  I would highly recommend this particular audio dramatization to you.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting, I'll have to look into it! I'm not a big Jane Austen fan, but I did enjoy Emma.

    I used to listen to a lot of radio dramas by Focus on the Family Radio Theatre. They produced some good ones based on Les Mis, Ben-Hur, and the Narnia series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed this particular radio drama. I haven't listened to much by Focus on the Family.

      Delete