Monday, May 21, 2012

A new hair do

So I am a hair kind o person. I like to do hair. Granted I do not always have time to do my hair the way I want to in the morning, so most of the time I end up just putting a hair band, or do a plain old braid. So I always like to find a new easy hair style that works for me and don't take a lot of time. I was thrilled to learn this new style from Gwen at Femininity and Daydreams for doing a tutorial on the Katniss braid. I have sadly not seen The Hunger Games movie yet! I will probably be waiting for it to come out on DVD so we can get it from Netflix. *sigh* I have however seen the trailers several times *cough* on youtube. Anyway here is how my braid turned out. 

One thing I think is good to note it that this uses the Dutch braid not the French braid. I had not idea that they were two different braids. Although I am sure most of you all ready knew this and are going duh Elizabeth. But I didn't and now I do.

Also I didn't use any heat of any kind. I have how ever french braided my hair while it was wet, slept on it undid it and then did this which can add a little wave it you want that.

Also has anyone noticed that this braid is pretty much like what Katniss wears for her first interview. Here is the description in the book.
 "Then Venia goes to work on my hair, weaving strands of red into a pattern that begins at my left ear, wraps around my head, then falls in one braid down my right shoulder." -The Hunger Games

Blessings
~Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Lovely hair do!
    I haven't seen the hunger game movie nor have I read the books.

    ReplyDelete