Saturday, May 12, 2012

Book Review: The Sea of Monsters

Title: The Sea of Monsters
Author: Rick Riordan
Rating:
Summary: (I have decided that I don't like to do summaries for other books in a series. Just something I have figured out about me.)
   Here is my review of the first book The Lightning Thief

I pretty much have a lot of the same things to say about this book that I did about the first. It was really hard to put down, I loved getting to know the characters more. I laughed at Percy's humor, and the chapter titles. Another book that makes me laugh out loud. I think it is good to note that this is the shortest book in the series.  There are a few character additions that I think add a lot of humor to the books.

Perhaps my favorite part of this book is that it has several Greek myths in it. I liked how he incorporates the myths into the modern times. It is very creative. The story is well told and very enjoyable. It is one of those books that is really nice to read after having read a lot more deep books. It is fast and fun.

Like the last book it was so hard to put down. You just want to keep reading it. My sisters and I devoured the book. I am very glad that my parents got the books for us for Christmas, we can read them over and over. :)

Blessings
~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment