Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Language

Language is something I have been thinking about for a while. Language is such and amazing thing! There is so much you can do with it! I do not think any one has really ever fully understood just all that language can do. We have many authors, writers, and poets who wrote and who had mastered and understood what language could do but can any really understand all that is can do?

I love language! I love how you can take words like red and moonlight, and explore what those words make people feel. Without much context these words are nothing but a bunch of letters put together. But when you put those words in the context of a story.. boom you have words that mean something! They make people feel something. Red can be romantic and tragic, moonlight all so romantic and spooky depending on what your story is and what you want the reader to feel. This is why I love language!! There is so much that you can explore with it!

I made it a goal to read as many of the "classics as possible this year. I am including poetry in this.
If you have any classic books that you have read and enjoyed, please share! :)

Blessings
~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment