Sunday, February 27, 2011

Shakespeare Week!

It is Shakespeare Week over at The Erratic Muse!! I am very exited for it!!!! :) I love language (as I posted earlier)! I have been wanting to read more Shakespeare and learn more about him so this will be a great opportunity!

My mom was a theater major in collage so I hear a lot about Shakespeare, and when I was younger I tried to read some of it, but it was really hard for me. Now that I am older it is much easier! :)

I am very interested in Shakespeare's history plays. I am a huge history fan!!!!!!! I love history!!!! So those would be one of my first targets. :) I have been reading a lot of the British monarch history at the moment. Mostly Plantagenet and Tudor.

One of my favorite quotes from Shakespeare is ... "Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown" from Henry the IV. Uneasy lies the Head was actually a title to a book I read about Henry VII by Jean Plaidy.

~Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth, I'm so glad the Shakespeare Week is of interest to you. I'm following you blog now and I look forward to seeing your posts!

    ~Miss Laurie
    Old-Fashioned Charm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this means I'll have to dig out Henry V. Oh and have you finished the two Shakespeare plays I assigned you yet? If not target those first and then I'll join you with the history! Love, Mom :)

    ReplyDelete