Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Mountain & Trees

One of the most amazing things about living in Washington state is the amazing nature we have here. We have mountains, ocean, and forests. Not just ordinary forests though, no, we also have rainforests.

My friend and I on our summer road trip stopped at the Olympic national park to visit one of the rainforests. It was so amazing to see. There are so many species of plants and trees that I had not seen before. While many of the trees were evergreen trees they often had visible roots because there was so much moisture in the air.

I have always loved trees even as a child. I wanted to grow up and be a scientist who studied trees. It was the only thing I thought about doing science for. I enjoy the forests and the shade. I love living in Washington where the trees are green all year round. I have gone to visit places where the trees are bare and brown during the winter and it is so depressing. Having green all year round all around us is so wonderful. I appreciate it more and more.

I also love the mountains. Nothing quite compares to them. They are majestic and rise above. I often think about versus and stories in the Bible that involved mountains. Where I live, there are also volcanoes so you know that this beautiful thing can also erupt and destroy everything. This used to terrify me more as a child but not as much anymore. I wonder if this is me getting too comfortable and easy with life or if my childhood anxieties have shifted to other things. More present worries about paying bills, stable income, and health insurance cause a more present and immediate anxiety than the distant possibility of a volcanic eruption.


No comments:

Post a Comment