Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Doctor Who Tag question 1


I am very flattered to have been tagged in Banrion An Gheimhridh's Doctor Who Tag! I am very excited for this delightful opportunity to talk about one of my favorite obsessions shows! :)

Banrion offers a couple of options of how to answer her tag questions. I could do them all at once, or just one at a time, or something in the middle. She doesn't have a particular rule. However as I feel that I could go on and on with each of her questions it is probably best if I don't try and answer more than two at a time. 

Here is her first question! 

Day 1 - When and why did you start watching Doctor Who, and what made you become a fan of it?

I started watching Doctor who sometime last year. I can't remember very well. It was during the school year and my senior year is a bit of a blur. I had been hearing about Doctor who all over facebook and all the people I knew really enjoyed it. I really wanted to give it a try. After all I thought it was sci-fi and I have basically grown up on sci-fi. While Doctor Who is not typical sci-fi(I would say there is more fiction than science fiction in it) it does fall have sci-fi elements. My sister also wanted to watch Doctor Who for similar reasons so we convinced our parents to watch it with us. Even though my mom and dad had watch the first three episodes of the ninth Doctor before and after the first episode my dad refused to watch anymore. However like I said we convinced my dad to give it a second chance. 

Now my dad is almost a bigger fan than I am, which is just so typical of my dad. (that is another post). Now my whole family is made up of Doctor Who fans. 



What made me become a Doctor Who fan? Honestly I am not sure there is just something about it that I think appeals to people. I think it is the idea of ordinary people saving the world and being able to travel through time a space. I think a a race we have always been a little fascinated with time, and we have so much evidence of how long we have been watching the stars. There is also something about the Doctor that we all identify perhaps it is that while he is not human biologically he is human in so many other ways. he is not perfect he is a bit happy go lucky and yet he has his dark moments. Also he is just like a kid that never grows up and is not afraid to show it. We are all still kids inside. 

Well that is my answer to The first question and as this post proves I really can go on and on! 

Blessings 
~Elizabeth 



1 comment:

  1. One of the reasons I became interested in watching Doctor Who was similar to yours. I had begun to hear so much about it and there were a lot of people I knew who were Whovians or at least liked it or knew a lot about it. I think you really hit the nail on the head when you said how it's more fiction than science fiction. Since I don't typically watch Sci-fi, that may have been one of the reasons I was drawn to it. I wish my whole family liked Doctor Who like yours does. My dad and I are the only Whovians in my family. My brother watched one episode. I had suggested he watch Blink, so he did. My mom refuses to watch Doctor Who, and claims she has no interest in it. But suddenly after she saw Prince Charles and Camilla meet Matt Smith, the Daleks, and the TARDIS, she felt more favorable towards it, lol (my mom is a big fan of the Royal Family). I'm glad you convinced your dad to give DW a second chance. It sounds really nice to enjoy a show with your whole family. :) I loved how you described the Doctor as not being human, but being human in other ways, and being a kid inside but also going through dark moments. I agree that we are all kids inside. That childlike fascination with imagination and adventure never really leaves us.

    ReplyDelete