Monday, January 7, 2013

A goal/resolution for 2013....Maybe

So Now that I have a GoodReads. I can keep track of all the books I read in a year.. Still working on rating all the books I have read. I have forgotten a lot of them. Then I see them and it is like meeting a friend that you have not see in a long long time.

Anyway back to what I want to ask you all about.  I want to set a goal for how many books I want to read in    2013. The only thing is I am not sure how many I want to set as the goal. I am not particular about what genre of book it is. I pretty much read every genre there is under the sun and if I only read one kind of book I will go crazy! So what kind of books I want to read is not the problem. It is how many.

I am not sure what amount of books I want to set as my goal. I like to read, and I read a lot. So a small number(20- 50) is really probably not going to be as much of a challenge. I really don't think I will be able to read 100 books in a year(I will try this in a year when I am not trying to finish highschool and start college). I want something that will challenge me a little but not be unattainable.

What do you guys think is a good number of books to read?

3 comments:

  1. What about something more in between, like 75? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth!
    I'm on goodreads too and my name is 'Joy C.' I wonder if we're friends... I am the friend of Elizabeth Rose if you want to find me ;).

    I usually challenge myself to read a miniumum of 20 books because we have a Literature Award at my school with that number, but for more than two or three years, I've been reading in the 30s no.

    So why don't you try that? 30 to 50 books is a good challenge. I'm keeping my aim to just 20 this year for highschool studies =D.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete