Saturday, August 31, 2013

My new phase in life: College

Ahhhh!! My summer has flown by so quickly. I have lost track of time. It has been a great summer. Not only do we have much better weather than we had last year, but I am also graduated from high school and going off to college. It feel like only a little bit ago I was starting high school. Time flew so fast. I will miss being homschooled but I look forward to this new phase of life that will have so much to offer me, so much to learn, and so much to look forward to.

I am  going to talk a little bit about what I have been doing this summer and what I am going to be doing this up coming school year. I am so excited about school! I also what to let you know that school is going to be a priority in my life and while I love to blog it might have to be set on the back burner for a few months. I will try and schedule posts when I have time so I don't completely fall of the planet. 

I am super excited and really nervous about college. I am really happy about the school that I am going to and I cannot wait to start classes. Which actually start on the 9th of September. So they start really really soon!

I am going to be majoring in music. I have only one class this semester that is not music related. It is a writing class. It is a required class for all first year students at my school and it is mostly to help us get use to writing in college. Other wise I have just music. Which suits me just fine. Although I would not mind taking a history, or literature class. I do enjoy other subjects besides music. I am sure I will have an opportunity to take non-music related classes in the future.

I feel sad to be leaving homeschooling behind. I am not sure how I feel about not being home all day. On the one had glad. I was starting to get tired of always being home. Not that I was always home mind you. I did do other things in my life. I won't be seeing my family every hour of every day. That could make me sad on the other hand it might be a relief to see other people and not be stuck with them. Though I am not sure who would be more relieved me or my family. :)

I have really been enjoying my summer break. I didn't take one last year and I really felt like I needed one. Especially with college starting. Overall I have been enjoying my summer to the fullest extent possible.I have not gotten all the books read that I wanted to, but I have been reading. That is something that I am slightly worried about with college. I keep hearing about how college students who were big readers before college found that they didn't have as much time to read while in school. Reading is a big part of who I am and I don't think I will give it up easily. Honestly what is going to happen is I will be going through some kind of withdrawal. I hope that isn't to true. I know I wont have as much time, but I don't want to completely lose my reading time!

That is what has been going on in my life. Basically I graduated and I feel like my life is starting. I have also realized how completely obliviously happy we are as children. We don't have to worry about anything really. I mean the things we worry about really were not all that stressful to worry about. All that is gone now. I feel like I have now officially said goodbye in a way to childhood. However, I don't really think the kid in us ever truly leaves. We all still wish to go to Hogwarts, or Narnia, or to do what ever it was that we pretended or wished for so hard growing up. 

That is all for now! I hope you have had a wonderful summer. For my Australian friends I hope you have had a wonderful winter. :)

Blessings
~Elizabeth

PS. The pictures are from my senior photo shoot.



3 comments:

  1. Yeah, high school goes by very quickly. I feel as though just yesterday I was a freshman. In fact, I feel like the first day of middle school was just yesterday, let alone the first day of high school! I guess time seems to go by much faster the older we get.

    College sounds like fun! I thought math and science were required for the first year of college as well. It never occurred to me that other colleges may only require one subject. I hope you enjoy your music classes!

    My mom considered home schooling me, but I went to public school instead. She was told that she would have to have a teacher's certificate in order to homeschool. I sometimes wish I could have been home schooled. Where I live, it's more rare to be home schooled, but I have met some homeschooled students. Most people either go to public school or a private school if they're wealthy (the private schools are pretty expensive, but then I think they're expensive in general). It sounds really nice to be at home, and getting to spend a lot of time with your family.

    My mom was (and still is) a big reader. She was too busy with the work she had to do for college, so she did not have time to read extra books. She did, however, enjoy reading the books assigned her. So, I think there is some truth to readers not finding as much time to read during college. :(

    I agree completely with what you said about childhood. I'll always miss being a little kid. In some respects, we were oblivious, and we didn't have to worry so much.

    I like your photo shoot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are different homeschool requirements for different states. Some are easier and some are harder.

    I thought Math and science were reacquired as well. However music students need way more credits for their major that others so I guess that it is different. It could also be that I am going to a private school. I do expect that I will have to take those classes eventually.

    Thank you. I was not sure how is would turn out, but it was lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photoshoot, and congrats on graduation/college! For me college has been a long transition, with both pros and cons. Thankfully, reading is actually something I've been able to hold on to.

    Hope your school year goes well! :)

    ReplyDelete