Monday, August 5, 2013

Doctor Who Tag Question 5

Day 5 - Least favorite episodes

Right of the top I can say "The Unicorn and the Wasp." Giant flying stinging insect. No. That is the thing of my nightmares. I really liked the idea of meeting Agatha Christy.

"The Idiots Lantern" is another. I just really didn't care for it. Something about it just was not clicking for me. I think I had a heard time with the sucking people faces of with a TV. It just was kind of "huh" thing. Most things in Doctor Who are a bit far fetched but this seemed particularly far. 

"The Lazarus Experiment" It's plot just didn't interest me I don't think it really had anything to do with anything in particular. The episode just was not that interesting to me. 

"Midnight" I found the episode just plain disturbing. Interesting the insight into human nature but disturbing also. It was like some kind of philosophical discussion on what people do in a situation like that. A disturbingly most likely accurate one. However I was thrilled to see Colin Morgan in this episode. (Merlin from the BBC show Merlin)

"The Rebel Flesh" another of the I just really didn't care for the plot points. I found the themes and issues interesting, but the story not very compelling. I really did enjoy the way they tried to deal with the issues. So I don't quite feel it is a least favorite. episode. 

"The God complex" It was just a bit weird, and scary. I did enjoy the themes though. I am very big on good themes. Especially well presented ones. 

Those are my least favorite episodes. 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen The Unicorn and the Wasp, but I definitely won't be seeing it any time soon now that I know it has a giant flying stinging insect. Nope. I have always had a fear of insects. I liked The Idiot's Lantern, but I hated the villain. Not the concept, just the villain. She was sooooo annoying. Especially every time she goes "Feeeed meeeeee". But I liked Rose's fifties dress and the commentary on the bad side to television, which is ironic because Doctor Who is a t.v. show. It's like art commenting on art. I didn't enjoy The Rebel Flesh at all so I can relate with you on that. It was unpleasant and boring, but the themes were very interesting. That episode showed me that interesting themes can't make an episode good on their own. The God Complex was reeeeally strange. But it did have very interesting themes that it addressed.

    ReplyDelete