Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Book Review: The Mark of Athena

Title: The Mark of Athena
Author: Rick Riordan
Rating: 4/5
Book Series: The Heroes of Olympus
Other Books: The Lost Hero, & The Son of Neptune
Percy and Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, The Titan's Cures, The Battle of the Labyrinth, & The Last Olympian.

Finally there was a little resolution in the series with this book. I truly love the vibrant characters. The humor of the series. There are many different conflicts going on that add to the complexity of the story.

I truly enjoy multiple character perspectives however this was a little much. Three different characters was good, but 4 was a littler to much. One thing that I wish Riordan could do was a little more food for thought in these books. While they have a few interesting details( I find the names of the two camps to be interesting reflections of the differences between Rome and Greece) there is a lack of thought provoking material. I think he could really do some truly interesting themes with his stories but does not take advantage of them.

Do not think that I am no longer a Rick Riordan fan. I am. I would just like to  say that I find his books much better for interesting-story-but-doesn't-make-me-think kind of read. We all have those purely fun books for when we want something good, but not deep. :)

We are eagerly awaiting House of Hades release.

Blessings
~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment