Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Review: Miracle at Midnight

Title: Miracle at Midnight
Producer: Disney
Director: Ken Cameron
Writers: Chris Bryant, Monte Merrick
Actors: Sam Waterston, Mia Farrow, Justin Whalin
My rating: 5/5

The story takes place in Denmark during the NAZI occupation in World War II. It is bases on a true story, of how the Danes saved many of the Danish Jews. It is a very moving story. 


This is such a good movie! I enjoy studying WWII. (I know it sounds weird and that it was a horrible time, but I find it interesting, I think the survival stories are what I like)

The movie made me cry. When some one died, I started crying. When the Jew said he had studies Christianity, and started saying I was hungry and you gave me food, I was a stranger and you took me in, couple that with the context of the story, I cried some more. It really moved me to see what he said in action.Over all this movie was very moving for me. I don't think I can express how much it effected me.

One of the things that annoyed me though was it seemed like no one could keep their accents strait. They kept trying to sound Danish, and then sound American, then something else, the American. I really think they should have just dropped trying to do accents altogether if they really could not keep it strait. The Germans seemed to be able to keep their strait though.

The acting seemed alright, I think the one actor that really impresses me in this movie was Sam Waterston. I think it is good to note that there is nothing really overly violent, or bad in it. I think the most disturbing is when a character has hanged himself, you don't see anything, only the shadow of his feet. But other than that I think this is a great movie to watch with your family. I think you can have some great discussions with your family.

Blessings
~Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a great film, Elizabeth! I enjoy reading stories about WW2 as well, even though it was such a horrible time. The ones about the resistance or Christians saving the Jews are the most touching.

    Is this a Christian movie? I'll have to look into this film!

    ReplyDelete