Sunday, June 30, 2019

Meal Prep

I am working a job, going to grad school, and also vegetarian/pescetarian. Make ahead meals are a good plan. Having frozen dinners and then saving leftovers for lunches is important. I struggle to make sure I eat healthy and nutritional food. But I shied away from doing make-ahead meals for one. It felt weird. But I was wrong.

I will admit that I have no idea how to cook for just one person. Also, it is just way easier to make a bunch of food at once. It makes a few dinners and some lunches for work.

If you are going to be getting into make-ahead meals you need to look into pyrex. They have great sized pans for smaller portions when you are making meals for just one or two people. The glassware is also perfect for the microwave at work or to pop stuff in the oven. It is just convenient and versatile. I also created a recipe for bean taco filling which is so delicious I would eat it all the time. My other favorite is a 3 bean chili I made that was just delicious and froze well to have for lunches later. I need to find a lot more recipes for vegetarian or vegan meals.  Vegetarian for most of the year and vegan meals to have during Lent.

Currently, my only struggle is to figure out how to do dinners when I have class from 6:30pm-9pm. It is just a weird time and I am trying to not eat out or eat as much junk food.

Do you meal prep?

No comments:

Post a Comment