Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Book Review: Mockingjay

Title: Mocking Jay
Author: Suzanne Collins
Genre: Sic-Fi
my rating: 5/5
The Hunger Games
Catching Fire

Tissues will be important. This is the most tough book from the whole series. You would want to read it all at once, but I would recommend going slow. It is a lot to take in. I had to read it twice to fully process it.

This is also one of the most interesting books in the series as it really goes to show the manipulation, and the depths that some people will go to. There was o much going on. It was the most interesting I think because I had read so much Tudor history. All of the power play reminded me of that. I think also seeing so many images of how things effect us and change who we are. A warning to society. This whole series has had a very strong effect on my perception of the world around me.

Besides how painful this book can be, and hard to process. It is really important to the series though. If all the painful things had not happened I don't think this book would have been real, it would have been fake and the story would no longer have a point.

Blessings
~Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. I read all three of the Hunger Games books one after the other. My mom grew interested in what I was reading and began reading them too, then my brother soon after. It was so hard to put them down! The endings of the first and second books felt manipulative, though, since they captured my interest and practically forced me to read the next book. I thought the Hunger Games series was very powerful and sent a strong message, but at the same time I personally did not think that the characters felt real, at least not all of them did. I found it hard to suspend disbelief when all of the side characters were dying coincidentally, and certain character were killed off in a very systematic way. It felt planned, as if the story were a board game. Nevertheless, I really appreciated this series and loved all of the books. I thought the second book was particularly strong, but it was harsh for the characters (they each had so much to go through in the second book), and gruesome. ....I feel like writing a post about this now. lol

    ReplyDelete