Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Did Elizabeth fall of the face of the Earth?

So sorry that I am have not been posting! I got really busy with school and life kind of got in the way, so I took a little brake from blogger. Which was actually very nice, but now I would like to get back to it! :) So I will be trying to get back, but don't expect to much.

Advent started for the Orthodox church on November 15. I have a one year Bible, but I have not been doing the one year part of the plan. I am reading little bits when I can which I suppose is better than none. I am also reading A Simple Path for this fast season. I read part of it last Lent so I hope to finish this Advent/Nativity fast.

I have been reading other books to, so hopefully I will maybe get some book reviews done. I would also like to post a lot of my favorite Christmas music. I LOVE Christmas music, it is some of my favorite music in the whole world. So I would like to share some of my favorites. I have a Christmas plays list, but not all my favorites are on playlist so I will post some as well. :)

I don't know if I ever mentioned before that I joined my church's choir. I really really love it!!! I am especially excited for the Christmas songs we are working on. :)

I am also excited because I will be babysitting tomorrow! I am looking forward to it!

Anyway that is all for now. Right now my sister has a friend over and they are working on building a model of one of those rock throwing things they used in Narnia & and real life to. I can't remember what it is called. Even if I did I am not sure I would be able to spell it.

Blessings
~Elizabeth

PS. I also want to post some pictures of my latest art projects. :)

3 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas-y blog design! It's pretty :)
    I'll be looking forward to your playlist-- I love Christmas music too.
    And A Simple Path is a great book!

    Glad to see you posting again ~

    PS: If you do get a chance to make the hand sanitizer, let me know how it goes (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth,
    I'm glad you're back to blogger. I'm a new follower, more or less. Your blog looks really nice! I love Christmas Carols too very much and our school (distance education) is having a Carol Service this weekend and we'll be singing at that in a big cathedral which is sooo exciting. I love singing too!

    Having browsed through your blog, I noticed that you're Orthodox, right? That's really interesting, because my parents were brought up as Coptic Orthodox Christians in Egypt! So what kind of Orthodox are you?
    Many blessings,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ThinkGreen: Thank you. I like to decorate my blog. I am happy to be back! :) I will tell you when I get the chance to try it.

    @Miss Laurie: I am so happy to be back, and I love seeing the comments too! Thank you!

    @Joy: I am so happy to see you hear! I like meeting new people! That sounds so exciting! I think singing can express what words cannot always fully express.

    How cool that your parents where raised Coptic! I know a few Coptic Christians. I am part of the Eastern Orthodox Church. It has sub sections of Russian Orthodox, Greek Orthodox, Antiokian, Russian Orthodox Church outside of Russian(ROCOR), Orthodox Church of America (OCA). I don't know if that helps you. I am very happy to meet you!

    ReplyDelete